Thursday, April 24, 2008

Prayer Request

I'm sure all of you who read my posts on a regular basis have wondered about some of the other contributing authors here, one of them being, my brother, Lucas...

Well, I have some unfortunate news to bring, folks, I talked to my brother earlier this week, and came to find that Lucas has acquired addiction to alcohol. I've tried to talk to him and persuade him on this potentially life-threatening addiction that he has, but it seems as if my words just go right over top of his head as if he never heard them. He told me, he said, "I just don't know what to do anymore, Jeremiah", and I told him, I said, "Well, Lucas, it's like this, when we don't try to serve the Lord the way we should, and we go looking for comfort and restitution in ourselves from the worldly people, who do the exact same thing that you are doing (going out to bars, and clubhouses), partying and living it up in sin, then the Lord can allow terrible things to happen to us, in order to make you look up to Him, when it was Him you should have looked to in the first place."

Well, Lucas was about half dazed when I told him that, and he said, "You know, Jeremiah, you're pretty good guy." He never paid a bit of attention.

Me and my brother were very close for a long time, and it's just hard for me to accept that he is destroying his life the way he is, and that's why I'm asking you to pray along with me that the Lord might convict Lucas of his addiction. Let's pray that Lucas will come back...that his body would be made so that he no-longer desires that life-destroying substance in his hand, and that he will have a desire to glorify Our Lord.

:(
'

--Jeremiah--



Thanks for visiting Conservatives United!

4 comments:

  1. well it is still experimental, so I do not know how long it will be before the genera l public has access to it, but I believe biologists have found the lace in the brain that manages addictions. If I remember the article I read correctly, they were planning to devise a treatment to remove that particular site (the way tumors are removed) in order to cure smoking addiction. Maybe you should look into that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremiah--I will be praying for you, Lucas, and your family.

    God's peace be with you and Lucas...

    Heavenly Father, we present Lucas' body, a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable in Your sight.

    Now Father, Lucas girds his loins about with truth, puts on the breastplate of righteousness, and shods his feet with the preparation of the Gospel of Peace. Above all he takes the Helmet of Salvation and the Sword of the Spirit, and according to Your word, the glory of the Lord is his rear guard.

    Now Father, Lucas thanks You and praises You as we do for the armor You have provided him to wear on this day. He is completely covered now, according to Your Word.

    Upon Jesus, Lucas has and will build his life, his home, and will build his marriage, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against him.

    You are his Shepherd, he shall not want, for You have supplied him all his needs according to Your richest glory, and he can do all things through Christ who strengthens him.

    He casts down all imaginations and brings into captivity every evil thought, and casts all his care upon You, for You careth for him.

    And he praises and thanks You, as do we, for his walking in Divine Health, for You, O Heavenly Father, are Lucas' God, who healeth all his diseases, mental, physical, and spiritual, and by Your Stripes he is healed!

    He just praises you and thanks you (as do we) for his prosperity and good health, even as his soul prospers.

    Father, we have prayed according to Your Word, and You have said that You would watch over Your word to pre-form it.

    Father, just rise up and live big within Lucas today, for he is Yours, in Jesus' name, Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Leo. I really appreciate the prayers.

    I talked with Lucas quite a bit over the weekend after he became sober again, and have tried to explain to him that all the family loves him, and that we go through tough times some times, but that drinking is not the answer to our problems.

    I'm really hoping that Lucas will come through this, he seems to have been going through a rough time.

    At any rate, I really do appreciate your prayers, they mean a lot to me and the family.

    Thank you so much!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete